I. INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL INFORMATION.
- Using GWA's On-Line Payment Program allows you to pay bills on-line that are
issued by Guam Waterworks Authority using a current and valid Visa or MasterCard
(no other card type will be accepted).
- You may pay any bill on-line, including past due bills. However, since bills
will not be credited to your account immediately you may be subject to
disconnection while the transaction is being processed. Given the potential delays
in crediting your account by paying on-line, GWA recommends that you immediately
pay past due bills in person at GWA's Upper Tumon location in order to avoid
disconnection of service.
- You may pay someone else's bills for them using your credit card, although you
will need to enter the correct GWA account information.
- If you have any questions regarding GWA's On-line Payment Program you may
contact Guam Waterworks Authority at 647-7800 or 647-7803 between 8:00 a.m. and
5:00 p.m. Guam time, Monday through Friday, excluding Government of Guam holidays.
II. TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF GWA'S ON-LINE BILL PAYMENT PROGRAM.
By utilizing GW A's On-line Payment Program, website and associated software you
do hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
A. GENERAL TERMS:
- To use GWA's On-line Payment Program you must provide accurate and complete
billing details supplied by the Guam Waterworks Authority and you must also
provide your complete and accurate credit card information.
- You, and not GWA, are responsible for entering all information correctly and
if you enter incorrect information you acknowledge that:
1. Your bills may not be paid and all penalties associated with non-payment of
your account may be added to your account.
2. Your water may be disconnected for non-payment.
3. GWA is under no responsibility to inform you that your bill has not been
4. You are responsible for any and all fees or charges imposed by your credit
card provider or your bank for any reason.
- Upon providing GW A with your credit card details you agree that you are
authorizing Guam Waterworks Authority to charge the specified amount to your
- Where your credit card issuer or financial institution for any reason declines
a payment made by you on-line those bills will be considered not paid.
- Credit card payments made on-line will be debited to your credit card account
- If you are uncertain when a payment will be processed contact your designated
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds available
on either your credit card in order to allow payments to be debited immediately.
- If you believe GWA's On-line Payment Program transaction is incorrect or
unauthorized, you must contact Guam Waterworks Customer Service Division
- The Guam Waterworks Authority has access to transaction history and may check
the details of the transaction.
- Should the dispute require the services of the financial institution, you may
be asked to contact your financial institution.
Information relating to the dispute may be provided to that financial institution
by Guam Waterworks Authority to assist with resolution.
- GWA uses standard internet banking security levels that large scale e-commerce
sites utilize and which involves the use of standard SSL 128-bit encryption. You
can check the security level of a web page by clicking on your Internet browser's
padlock or key icon.
- Encryption is the standard way of protecting your information as it is
transmitted between you and Guam Waterworks Authority. This involves converting
the information into an unreadable code using a "key" and also decoding it using
this "key." The longer the key, the more difficult it is for others to break the
- To access GW A's On-line Payment Program, your browser needs to be enabled to
access these secure keys. You will need to have version 5.0 or later of Internet
- Personal information collected through GW A's On-line Payment Program includes
your credit card details. This information is required to process your bill
payments and may be shared for these purposes between Guam Waterworks Authority,
banks and relatedfinancial institutions.
- If you wish to request access to any personal information Guam Waterworks
Authority has collected about you for the purposes of GWA's On-line Payment
Program please contact the General Manager for the Guam Waterworks Authority.
- While every effort has been made to ensure that information is free from error,
the Guam Waterworks Authority does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or
completeness of GWA's On-line Payment Program material.
- Notice is hereby provided that all information on GWA's On-line Payment Program
- The Guam Waterworks Authority does not warrant that GWA's On-line Payment
Program will be free from viruses, that access to GWA's On-line Payment Program
will be uninterrupted or that the data transferred through GWA's On-line Payment
Program is secure and will not be read or monitored by others.
E. WAIVER AND JURISDICTION.
- The Guam Waterworks Authority makes no representations, either express or implied,
that GWA's On-line Payment Program complies with the laws of any jurisdiction. If
you access this site you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for complying
with the laws relating to such use in the applicable jurisdiction.
- Any disputes arising out of the use of GW A's On-line Payment Program shall be
governed by the laws of the Territory of Guam and other related federal statutes.
F. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS.
- GWA retains all copyright and trademarks rights and unauthorized use is prohibited.
G. WITHDRAWAL AND SUSPENSION OF SERVICE.
GWA's On-line Payment Program, or your access to it, may be withdrawn or suspended
for a period of time for any reason, including, without limitation, the following:
- If there is an interruption or fault in any applicable computer or
- If you use GWA's On-line Payment Program for an inappropriate purpose,
including the storage or transmission of inappropriate or offensive material
- If GWA's On-line Payment Program, any applicable web site computer or
telecommunications systems are subjected to any virus, unauthorized access,
denial-of-service or other malicious attack.
- For maintenance or security purposes.
- If Guam Waterworks Authority no longer wishes to provide GWA's On-line
- You acknowledge that withdrawal of GWA's On-line Payment Program does not
release you of any responsibility to pay outstanding fees, charges or other
liabilities incurred prior to the date of withdrawal.
By utilizing GWA's On-line Payment Program, website and associated software you
agree to the above terms and conditions. You further acknowledge that GWA retains